Right now is the time to go to The Art Institute of Chicago because they currently are exhibiting THE VAN GOGH Bedroom series! Once in a lifetime opportunity. This seriously doesn’t come around often and it’s such an iconic series. I had the pleasure of going this past weekend and it was phenomenal.
When you check in they’ll tell you that the exhibit wait is an hour to hour and a half but it goes so fast and definitely goes faster than an hour- so don’t be scared to have to wait.
If you haven’t been to the Art Institute ever, make sure to check out the Modern wing. That’s what the museum is known for and even features pieces from Picasso, Matisse, Bonnard, Dali, etc.
The Van Gogh exhibit will be there till May 10th, so make your way there- no excuses!
Ugh this weather in Chicago is really putting a damper on my mood. The only thing getting me through is some massive online shopping for spring. When will it get here? Who knows. Here’s my round up of what I’m wishing for this week!
- Obsessed with these Topshop wedges. They come in 2 colors and I love the lace-up option. Such a huge trend for this spring/summer and these wedges should be on every girls list.
- Love this off the shoulder look, especially with the ruffled sleeves. This top would look great with shorts, jeans and white pants.
- Marc Jacobs bag- (insert heart eye emoji here) perfect for work, night out, traveling, etc.
- In love with this ‘Palm Island’ Bikini. The print is so fun and tropical and I love the white detailing. Can we please go somewhere tropical ASAP?
- Lush Tie Front Dress– the deets on this dress is incredible. Simple and classic. The tie up front adds something different. Also on sale 40% off!
- Socialite Lace Front Sheath Dress– clearly I have an obsession with the lace-up trend. Love the fact that this one has sleeves and tassels! 40% off makes this dress under $30.00!
- Open Cardigans are great to transition into spring. Easy to throw on and
- Misguided Stripe Short Sleeve Shift Dress– great basic for spring and summer. Could easily be dressed up or down. Plus, it’s on sale 40% off!
- I’ve been looking for a raincoat for FOREVER. I think I’ve found the one. This one from London Fog is adorable with the polka dot print. Also on sale 33% off!
In case y’all don’t know, I’m OBSESSED with TV shows. What I’ve been binge watching recently FYI is Louie on Netflix. If you haven’t watched it already, please do so. It’s hilarious in not a haha funny type of show but it’s so good. Thanks BF for getting me hooked.
Grown up Green Eggs and Ham, yes- that’s right. Just like Dr. Seuss but for adults. Trust me this recipe is perfect for the season and delicious for a light dinner, brunch or an appetizer. You’ll feel healthy, full and 100% satisfied. Best of all you more than likely have most of the ingredients in your fridge!
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Bunch Asparagus- washed, cut in half length wise and into thirds
- 1 Green Onion- chopped
- Other herbs on hand (I like using thyme)
- ¼ cup Milk- not necessary
- 4 pieces of Prosciutto (more if you’d like)
- Chili Flakes (if desired)
- Beat eggs, with the green onion, herbs, milk and salt and pepper to taste. Make sure you beat them until they’re bubbly/frothy
- Heat oil on the stove and sauté asparagus with salt, pepper and chili flakes if you’d like. Cook until the color changes to a bright green, that’s how you know they’re done. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice
- Cook eggs in a nonstick pan. My method of cooking scrambled eggs is to use a rubber spatula, and fold the eggs in until they’re no longer runny. It’s easy to overcook the eggs, they’re done when they start coming together
- The prosciutto can be crisped in a pan or left as is
- Lay the asparagus on the plate, topping with the eggs and then prosciutto. Finish off with some fresh cracked pepper and enjoy!
Can’t believe it’s sleeting/raining/snowing in Chicago. Talk about dumpy weather. But I love this combination for Easter and spring in general. The mixed prints and textures makes for great transitional weather. Also I can’t get enough of my new jean jacket. It’s perfect for layering and adding a casual flair to any outfit.
Lace Skirt (old) similar here, here and here | Striped T | Denim Jacket | Comfiest Wedges (old) but found the same ones in different colors here (I might snag another pair myself) similar blue ones here and here | Necklace | Purse (old) similar here
Have a great weekend babes and Happy Easter! xo
With Easter just days away, here are some of my Easter dress wish list. For this holiday, I love pastels and floral prints and a dresses a little more on the conservative side. Here’s to shopping and spending time with family!
Best of all most of these dresses are under $100!
- Polka Dot: Love the midi length and the retro vibe of this dress.
- Grey: Bell sleeve perfection. Conservative, but modern.
- Red Floral: Available in 3 different color options and on sale for $96.
- White Dress: Simple white dresses are perfect for spring to get you out of your winter funk. Accessorize with bright colors!
- Floral Romper :For those who are more comfortable in pants. This pink is super hot for this season and flatters every skin tone.
- A-Line Floral Midi: Obsessed with the kimono sleeves and enlarged floral print.
- Midi-Jumpsuit: The midi trend is continuing and the jumpsuit version is flawless.
- Midi Floral Wrap Dress: Classic silhouette that’s flattering on every body shape.
- Floral Maxi: Everyone needs a good maxi and the print and color is perfection.
If you’re looking for a last minute appetizer or dish to bring to your Easter celebrations this weekend- look no further. These are seriously the best deviled eggs and will sure to impress your hosts or guests.
Not only are these deviled eggs delish, they’re healthier and low cal! Best of all they take less than 30 minutes, even Rachel Ray would approve.
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/2 avocado-mashed
- 2 Tablespoons Greek yogurt (extra just in case)
- 3 strips bacon-chopped
- 4 oz. Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles (I like Trader Joe’s brand)
- 2 pieces of green onion or chives-chopped
- Boil eggs until hardboiled. Here’s a great site to reference how to perfectly boil eggs.
- While your eggs are cooking, cook your bacon until crispy and strain
- Peel eggs, slice in half and take out the yolks
- Combine the yolks with the avocado, Greek yogurt and green chiles. Feel free to add additional Greek yogurt until you have the consistency that you like. Salt to taste
- Pipe your egg yolk mixture into the egg white halves. I use a Ziploc bag and snip the end off. Tip: don’t try to do a swirl, pipe close and firmly and it’ll create its own swirl effect.
- Top with pieces of chopped bacon, sprinkle green onion and paprika
Motivation Monday and it’s all about the music. Music literally fuels my workouts and keeps me going. If I don’t have the right music, I just can’t push through. I have an extremely eclectic taste in music, but when I’m working out doing circuits and HIIT it has to be rap. When I go from runs it varies from house music to Britney Spears and then some.
My favorite app to listen to music is I Heart Radio. You’re able to chose by the artist, song, and “perfect for” which is a playlist perfect for working out, studying etc. I’ve found that I Heart Radio has the best variety and the least amount of commercials. I also love that you’re able to listen to podcasts and real-time radio channels.
Some of my favorite channels to listen to on I Heart Radio are:
- Werk by Rihanna- HIIT Workouts
- Kanye West- HIIT Workouts
- Kayne West & Jay-Z- HIIT Workouts
- Nightcall- Runs
- Britney Spears- Runs
- Beyonce- Depends on my mood both for HIIT & Runs
- Nashville Cast- all day for work
What motivates you for your workouts?