Grown up Green Eggs and Ham, yes- that’s right. Just like Dr. Seuss but for adults. Trust me this recipe is perfect for the season and delicious for a light dinner, brunch or an appetizer. You’ll feel healthy, full and 100% satisfied. Best of all you more than likely have most of the ingredients in your fridge!
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Bunch Asparagus- washed, cut in half length wise and into thirds
- 1 Green Onion- chopped
- Other herbs on hand (I like using thyme)
- ¼ cup Milk- not necessary
- 4 pieces of Prosciutto (more if you’d like)
- Chili Flakes (if desired)
- Beat eggs, with the green onion, herbs, milk and salt and pepper to taste. Make sure you beat them until they’re bubbly/frothy
- Heat oil on the stove and sauté asparagus with salt, pepper and chili flakes if you’d like. Cook until the color changes to a bright green, that’s how you know they’re done. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice
- Cook eggs in a nonstick pan. My method of cooking scrambled eggs is to use a rubber spatula, and fold the eggs in until they’re no longer runny. It’s easy to overcook the eggs, they’re done when they start coming together
- The prosciutto can be crisped in a pan or left as is
- Lay the asparagus on the plate, topping with the eggs and then prosciutto. Finish off with some fresh cracked pepper and enjoy!