Why is it that chorizo is always sold in two pieces? I had made my chorizo mussels the other weekend and didn’t know what to do with the remaining half. I took what I had around the house and came up with this meal the other night for a quick and easy dinner and boy was it delicious. Super filling and satisfying, this meal will please everyone.
- 1 package of chorizo- casing removed
- 2 cloves garlic- minced
- ½ white onion- chopped
- ½ bag of Spinach (approx. 3 oz.)
- 10 oz. peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tomato- diced
- 2 pieces of fire roasted red peppers – diced (I used Trader Joe’s canned)
- 1 package of Gnocchi, approx. 17 oz. (I like Trader Joe’s brand)
- Fresh Shaved Parmesan (optional)
- Boil water with salt to prepare to cook the gnocchi- cook according to directions
- Brown chorizo in a pan, add garlic and white onion and cook until the onion is translucent
- Toss in the tomato and fire roasted red pepper until the tomato breaks down
- Stir in peas and spinach, once the spinach has been cooked down add in the cooked gnocchi. If the sauce is too thick and not coating the gnocchi, add in some of that pasta water until the consistency of the sauce is at your liking.
- Serve with fresh parmesan