The struggle is real when it comes to prepping a weekday meal. Time’s limited and the last thing you want to do is spend a lot of time in the kitchen after work- I don’t know about you but I get HANGRY when I’m I have to wait to eat.
This meal is super easy to make and requires few ingredients for each portion and bonus, it’s healthy and tasty! You could also serve these items up separately and add it to your daily routine.
- Large Portobello’s (prepare as many as you’re going to serve)
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Balsamic Glaze (they have this available in at the grocery store)
- Brush the portobello tops with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill or cook on a grill pan for about 5 mins on each side or to your desired texture.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and enjoy!
Feta Spinach Turkey Patties
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 3 oz. Feta Cheese (or more if you’d like it cheesier)
- 1 small onion- diced
- 2 cups spinach roughly chopped
- Garlic powder, salt, pepper
- Mix the top 4 ingredients together and season with the last 3 ingredients to your liking
- Form the patties the way you’d like. With this recipe it can make 2 large patties or 3 medium sized.
- Cook on the stove for about 8-10 mins each size and let the patties rest for about 5 mins. Make sure they’re fully cooked.
- Serve with Portobello heads or buns
Roasted/Grilled Cauliflower with Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 Cauliflower head
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- Crushed red pepper, salt, pepper,
- Olive oil
- Trim the base of the cauliflower (no leaves) and cut the cauliflower in thick pieces
- Drizzle the cauliflower steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Cook on the grill or in a 400 degree oven until tender (approx. 20 mins, though the grill maybe faster)
- Prepare the chimichurri sauce by adding the garlic, onion and parsley to a blender or food processor. Pulse those ingredients while drizzling in olive oil until you have a combined mixture. Pour the sauce into a serving dish and season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper and stir.
- Serve the cauliflower with this sauce and enjoy. Save the sauce up to 2 weeks, it goes great with just about any veggie or meat!
I hope these recipes add some variety to your weekday.
FYI: these recipes store really well and would be delicious for lunch the next day!
Bon Appetit- Selina