Alright in case ya’ll didn’t know, I’m OBSESSED with Chrissy Teigen and John Legend- like please adopt me/can we be best friends.
I’ve been DYING to get my hands on her new cookbook since she started writing it forever ago. Her Insta makes me drool-major- and I just knew this was going to be a slam dunk, after all Chrissy can do no wrong (yes, I think we’re on first name basis).
When I finally got my copy, I didn’t know what to make or where to start. Everything just looked so amazing, that it was sort of daunting. Lo and behold I just so happened to have everything I needed at home to make her Roasted Cauliflower, Feta and Orzo Salad (because what Asian doesn’t have orzo and feta at home- jk, but I’m an exception).
I made this salad and paired it with one of my favorite Lemon Chicken recipes and OH MUH GAWD– I had an orgasm in muh mouth. Her “salad” is BEYOND this world. It should be unholy- but it’s so damn good. So delicious in fact that I’ve made 2 batches in 2 weeks and have eaten it all by myself. This is one of those meals that it’s like too good to share…. But I’m going to do you a solid and share the recipe with you. Chrissy- no mean to offend or copyright infringe, but I can’t hoard all this goodness to myself. Please forgive me.
In case you don’t think that salad alone isn’t enough, here’s my recipe for yummy Lemon Chicken.
- 2 Chicken Breasts- fileted in half
- 1 Lemon- Sliced
- 1 cup Flour
- Lemon Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Butter or Margarine or Ghee
- Filet your chicken breasts in half, this helps ensure that everything cooks equally.
- Salt, pepper and lemon pepper your chicken breasts. (be generous)
- Coat your breasts in flour- brush off any excess flour
- Heat up some butter and olive oil in a pan and get that hot.
- Cook your chicken in that oily goodness for about 5 minutes each side. You should get a nice golden brown crust.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and add in your lemon slices, feel free to add more butter as this will be your sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Cook the lemons until they’re slightly browned- not for too long as it’ll bring out a bitter taste.
- Place lemon slices on top of the chicken and pour the sauce on top.
Serve with Chrissy’s AMAZING salad and enjoy. Seriously one of the best meals ever- I promise.